- DiDi Chuxing has unveiled a custom electric sedan built specifically for ride-shares: the D1.
- The D1 was built in partnership with electric vehicle maker BYD.
- The electric vehicle has features like a smart steering wheel, several touchscreens, and artificial intelligence systems.
- The D1s will be used by drivers across cities in China over the next several months — starting this month in Changsha, China, according to a report by Reuters — with the company's leasing partners.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Didi partnered with BYD — the "world's largest" electric vehicle maker, according to Didi — to create the custom sedan. Looking forward, the vehicles will be used across cities in China with the company's leasing partners over the next several months, starting this month in Changsha, China, according to a report by Reuters.
The company has had a history of working with electric vehicles and catering to the ever-growing segment. DiDi has about one million electric vehicles on its platform, which means the company is the "world's largest shared electric vehicle network," according to DiDi. In turn, about 20% of China's electric vehicle mileage count can be attributed to DiDi's platform.
DiDi has also set up 20,000 EV charging stations across China, according to the company, and has teamed up with BP to create 200 charging stations in the country by the end of the year.
Keep scrolling to see the D1: